Tuesday 10 March 2015

Juicy Pebble Beach Shawl

I've got a knitty finish to share, my Juicy Pebble Beach Shawl is off the needles and around my neck!!
I started this back at the beginning of February and have loved knitting it, the pattern has a stitch count for every row and a percentage noted every 5% knitted, which the OCD bit of me really LOVED! So you knew how much yarn you needed, could quickly see where you had gone wrong and knew how long till you finished......not that I didn't like knitting it, but everyone with startitus is wondering when they can legitimately cast-on the next project!!
Also the bonus for me is that it is a one skein pattern, I had 11grams left from my 100gram skein.
The yarn was a dream to knit with, it's a tweed so in my mind I had the thought of a rough and coarse yarn, but it was so soft, not at all splity and had no trouble being frogged on the row I missed a stitch!! The colour is a really perfectly pastel purple and reminds me of a blackcurrant Fruit-tella, all squidgy and yummy.
The lace pattern is really pretty and the picot edging really finishes it off, I think it will be an ideal spring shawl and thankfully spring has arrived around here over the last few days.

The Details:

Yarn - 100g Skein of Tweed Sock in Juicy by The Wool Barn 

And lastly the wrinkled/frowning face selfie!!!
I know, as I'm completely addicted to shawls I will make another one of these, for knitting and end result its a 10/10 for me! 

5 comments :

  1. It's beautiful!! And a great pattern review, thank you. I've not got past socks yet but a shawl is next on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful!! And a great pattern review, thank you. I've not got past socks yet but a shawl is next on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing how far that 90g of yarn went...a very successful shawl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful shawl Joanne, I love the colour and the pattern. It definitely makes me wish that I could knit :)

    ReplyDelete

I know time is precious, so thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...