Wednesday 7 January 2015

2015 FAL - Q1 The List

So, it should be New Year, new list, but I fear that there are quiet a few repeat offenders on my first list for the year.
But the FAL is nothing if not a motivator or an embarrassment if your like me and keep ignoring the list!

1. Chicopee Swoon

Needs one more block made, sashed, quilted and then binded.

2. Fabulously Fast Fat Quarterly Quilt

Needs a back, quilting and binding.

3. HST's Cushion

All the HST's are trimmed just need assembling, quilting and made into a cushion.

4. Baby Girl Quilt

I might another row or two to this quilt and then quilting and binding to do.

5. Paper Pieced Post things

Finishing the last two blocks and the assembling, the internal bags are already done!

6. Christmas Eve Socks

These are very near the finish line, just a few more diamonds, then ribbing for the top and casting off.

7. Butterfly Emery Dress

This has been cut out since October, I have everything except the nerve to get it finished, but a pep talk and brilliant tips from Kerry will help me line up those damn butterflies.

8. Was Lake District now Wurm Hat

I started this in December, but the yarn is not the best colour for night knitting, so I've slowed on it. I think it's also because it has been really mild weather here, if we had a cold snap it might make me want it on!
Edited on the 09/01/15 
I frogged the Lake District Hat and cast on the Wurm Hat as the pattern was just awful for me to follow!! 

Thats 8 on the list and I'm sure I've forgotten something!!
Now what to pick up first??

2015 FAL at On the Windy Side

13 comments :

  1. I've just done my list, with many carry overs too! I really hope I can crack my WIP pile this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi enjoyed your list, loved your swoon quilt. I have yet to make mine but apart from all the unfinished quilts, I too have a pair of Christmas socks nearly finished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Familiarity breeds contempt so they say Joanne, and it looks like that is what has happened with your WIP's! Get that Fabulously Fast Fat Quarterly quilt backed, quilted and bound this quarter or you will need to change its' name :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What to pick up first? Why, Swoon, of course - you silly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, I'm getting deja vu ;o) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Baby quilt. Looks lovely and will a quick finish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've got a lot of carry overs as well. Including a Swoon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could look at swoon quilts all day, looks like you've got quite a list too. Good luck, you can get em finished!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the colors in your Swoon :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fingers crossed on that zip- another tip- as well as marking the zip, sew one side in- then when you sew the second side in baste it in first with a large stitch away from the teeth so it won't interfere where you will finally sew then you can check the position and rip out easily if needed. I always use a ⅞" strip of v light interfacing on each seam edge for zips too but you may already have that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Jo that Chicopee Swoon is soooooo yummy! That's a fab list, I'm sure you'll bust through it. I got some fabric to make a Emery dress (inspired by yours) but not quite got round to that.....too many WIPS / things I want to do so am scared to commit them all to a list!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm behind with my blog reading (as well as everything else) so the weather now is a little different to when you wrote this - has it been cold enough for you to make some 'head'way (sorry, couldn't resist) on the hat?

    Speaking of being behind......I still haven't emailed you to say thank you for my giveaway winnings. They arrived ages ago (before Christmas I think) and are lovely. That bird fabric is definitely going to end up being fussy cut - the question is for what?

    Good lunch with your list, now get on and swoon :0)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a great list! I especially love the swoon quilt you're working on. Good luck getting through it all.

    ReplyDelete

I know time is precious, so thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...