Thursday 27 November 2014

Christmas Making and a reminder to link up!!

Well, I have definitely been missing in action on this blog recently, but as with everyone else, sometimes life just gets in the way and that is the priority!
But, I have been trying to get a bit of sewing squeezed in-between and today I have finished my Log Cabin Wreath quilt top.
The pattern is by Jessie Fincham and was in Issue 4 of Quilt Now and as soon as I saw it in the magazine I knew I wanted to get myself one made in time for this christmas.
Now I have to decide do I add a few more stripes of Low Volume to make it a bit bigger, currently it is measuring 43" square, but I would really love to get it up to about 50" which I think will make a good sofa quilt.
So, I best get off the computer and get sewing and cutting............also don't forget you only have 3 and a bit days to get you Holiday Makes linked up on my Ho Ho Ho and on we Sew post to win one of these pairs of Christmas fabric.
So go, make/finish your holiday make, link up and look at all the other amazing makes that others have linked up!!! !!! 

5 comments :

  1. Lovely quilt Joanne! I like my throws to be around the 50" size too, anything smaller is not big enough to snuggle into :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few more stripes of the background will really make the Christmas wreath stand out too. I think I'll bookmark the pattern for next year's Christmas quilt as I love Log Cabin too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your wreath quilt! I've been MIA recently too - so much to do before Christmas! Best wishes, Pj x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I've been absent on my reading too, so I didn't notice ;o) The wreath came out great though, and I can see your wrapping station would be really useful... if I could actually get round to wrapping things *ahem*

    ReplyDelete

I know time is precious, so thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...