Tuesday 15 July 2014

Le Challenge #14 - Small

I have been a very very lucky chicken when it comes to Le Challenge, I am fortunate enough to have won twice, with my Charity Quilt winning last month, so although I have a project I don't think I will link up this time for the small theme.
But, this is what I made, it's the Secret Name Tag for my partner at this years Fat Quarterly Retreat and it has two very small bits of sewing.
A really small sewing machine, with it's very own tiny Aurifil Thread, which I paper pieced from this pattern.
And some super small patchwork, those squares ended up at just under ½" each.
The whole tag finished up at about 3"x 4" and I used some yummy Pam Kitty fabric for the lanyard.
I find secret sewing so difficult, I spent ages trailing the internet and even set up a new Pinterest board for name tag ideas.  I really didn't know what my partner would like as she didn't have many Flickr photos and no favourites to sift through, but I figured a sewing machine is topical for a sewing retreat and patchwork for the quilting bit!!!!! 
It was popped into the post last week, with some scraps and hopefully I will get to see it on my partner at retreat.  
Not long now…….

Le Challenge

5 comments :

  1. That is cute and really small! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's superb, great job, I'd be delighted with it but my name's not Katie (and I'm not going to retreat :-()

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an adorable name tag! I'm sure your partner will love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She will adore this and if not I will change my name to Katie :)

    ReplyDelete

I know time is precious, so thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...