Tuesday 15 April 2014

Le Challenge - #11 Bright

I hope this is bright enough?
For me it is very very bright, especially when I consider my normal colours for scarfs!
The colours are definitely mood brightening and very Springish!

The details are

1 Skein of Daffodils Superwashed BFL 4ply yarn from Gemini Knits 

I have to say, I didn't think I would be finished the shawl in time for Le Challenge, but it is a really simple and quick knit, that you can easily remember the pattern for and knit in front of the tv.
But, saying that, it looks really complicated, so would make a brilliant gift, a friend was already admiring it yesterday and I think I could make her one for her birthday!
And here it is being snapped as I ran out the door to Kew Gardens yesterday and a better not of me proper camera selfie today.
It felt the perfect weight for the spring weather, not so big and thick, that I look like I got lost on the way from Winter, but warm enough to keep the spring breeze from my neck! 
I'm so so pleased I signed up to Sarah's knit along now, as this was my first shawl, of what I think will be many, if my Ravelry Queue is anything to go by!!! 

I'm linking up with
Le Challenge

 

16 comments :

  1. Well done! It looks just right on the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this - completely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love the edges too and the lovely spring colours! Thanks for linking to le challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love!!!!! No wonder it seemed like everyone was making this shawl.....because they were! I didn't know there was a KAL for it...dang, I missed one again. I am definitely making this shawl and i think for my daughter who is an artist and an art teacher. She would love those colors! It is really gorgeous and you did such a nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh I love this - great shape, great colours :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done for finishing in time for le challenge!!! brilliant finish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely, especially the edging which is very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely scarf and congratulations on winning le challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your colours too! Well done on a finish and fab photos

    ReplyDelete
  10. I ove this scarf and have pinned it for a future project (one day!). And I see you won le challenge too - congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love it!! the colours are wonderful and suit you so well. Thank you for knitting along, it's been lovely ! X

    ReplyDelete
  12. This hem is sooooo clever! Thank you for the link - I might buy this pattern for my mum x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it, it's beautiful! I wish I hadn't missed this KAL.

    ReplyDelete

I know time is precious, so thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...