Tuesday 10 September 2013

Playful Stripes Cardigan

I've been clearing lots of stuff out at home, since the boys have gone back to school. Just a room a day, so I don't make too much of a mess and run out of steam before I clear it up.
In this clear-out and to help distract me is also my wip pile! To my amazement, I had finished a cardigan for Rose at the beginning of July and picked buttons, but never got them sewn on.
So last night they were tackled and I've now finished my Playful Stripes Cardigan.
The pattern is by Alana of Never Not Knitting and I was completely inspired to get knitting it by Deb's gorgeous version of it.
I knitted it for age 4 as Rose is fairly tall and I didn't know how long it would take me to get it done!!! And it fits her really well, with room for the winter.
I used Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino in Denim (027) for the main body, then used Sienna (067), Candy Pink (006), Citrus (018) and a blue (which I think could be Pool, but I can't find the card) for the colour bands!
The buttons are from the brilliant Kirsty of Love Paper Fish, she has the best buttons!
It was a really simple knit, but I just took ages doing it, I also have to say, I really didn't enjoy sewing in the ends! I fear that might be why it sat around for so long......
But, I love it now it's done, and I've forgotten the pain of the ends! it looks lovely on Rose and is all ready to keep her warm in this cold September!

8 comments :

  1. It looks gorgeous and she looks adorable, in it. The different colored buttons look fab, great idea. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really lovely and well worth the effort it took to finish. I have so many WIPs I don't know where to start! :O)x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's beautiful! I want one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just beautiful! I might recommend this pattern to my mum as with 3 granddaughters I think she is a bit fed up of knitting in pink, pink, pink.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You probably also forgot because it was actually summer and she didn't need it this year lol I love the pattern though, can you make big kids ones? :oD

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous cardigan, it really is. Looks really cute on your wee one too.
    You now have a new follower...
    M x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute. I have just bought the pattern and ordered the wool for my 4 year old granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete

I know time is precious, so thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...