Monday 12 November 2012

Decision, Decisions........

Yesterday I managed to finish the last four blocks for my Spinning Star Quilt, but this now poses the question how do I lay them out?
With a little help from the family we tried 3 different ways.

The Organised Random


This one, the children were given one of each colour for each line and they picked the placing.

The Completely Child-based Random

This time the children were given free rein!!! I locked myself out of the room for this and resisted moving some before I took the photo.

The OCD

This was planned to within an inch of it's life by me!!

Everyone in the house had an opinion, even The Husband and he hardly interferes in fabric decisions as he said I normally ignore his suggestions!! Anyway, he felt the OCD took the eye away from the stars and focused on the  line of pink circles. Whereas The Organised Random was very balanced!!
So, what do you think??? 1, 2 or 3?

Also, I have managed to get a photo of my Vintage Holiday quilt top all together.
And I love it, it's hanging in the hallway and every time I look at it I burst into a smile. It's just so cheerful!!
I now need to pick a backing and was going to piece something but can't be bothered. I had a peek at Ikea's fabrics and spotted this music one for £4 a metre, I just wish it was the music for a Christmas tune!

                               MARGARETA Fabric IKEA
Or this bedding set that I could cut up for £15    
                              STENKLĂ–VER Quilt cover and 2 pillowcases IKEA Quilt cover with concealed press studs; keeps the quilt in place.
They normally have more Christmas fabrics, but there wasn't any on their website, I fear a visit may be needed. Anyone have any other ideas for me? Help!!!

7 comments :

  1. I vote #1 and I like the red for the backing of your awesome vintage holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like #1 best - organised random. 2 is too random and 3 is too organised. 1 is a lovely balance!

    Given the choice I will always go for red polka dots! They are one of my favourites x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with your husband on this one, I like the organised random best too! Would probably go with the red polka dots too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. #1 is my gut instinct, too. I love how your quilt is coming together! I also think using your children to help think through the layout is a great idea. What's more random than a bunch of kids, eh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. As usual, I'm in awe of your quilts, the middle photo jumped out at me. Your Christmas quilt is stunning, love it. Deb x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've just discovered your blog via a reply to Lynne at Lily's quilts. I think your spinning stars blocks are just gorgeous. I would go with option 1. Like someone else has said No 3 is too organised, No 2 too random but No 1 is perfect!. I like the polka dots for the backing.

    ReplyDelete

I know time is precious, so thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...