Monday 6 August 2012

Pezzy passport holder and problem!

We are due to be heading off on holiday this week and have the small problem of No.1 son's passport still being absent!!! It was sent off 3 weeks ago and is a renewal so should have been a fairly easy affair. But.... it is sitting in an office in Peterborough and is still awaiting being checked!! I have been stalking the IPS by email since last Tuesday (still haven't had a reply from them!!!) and on the phones since Thursday. But no one will put me through to the Peterborough office until tomorrow, which is the day it has been officially sitting in their office for 3 weeks!! Everyone I have spoken to on the phone has been really lovely, but not much help. I leave on Wednesday with the baby but The Husband and the boys fly on Saturday!!  So I have been panicking!! I've not slept since Friday properly and I bet I been hell to live with. So in this moment of worry my husband asked (told me before he locked me out)  to go and take it out on the sewing machine.
I needed something to concentrate on and I have seen the most wonderful passport holders on Instagram by Amber at One Shabby Chick and was overjoyed when she made a pattern available for sale.
It was emailed through on Saturday and I spent longer picking fabrics than it did to make this.
The pattern was a dream to follow and really distracted me. The strap it still awaiting a snapper which I only ordered on Saturday so should be here soon.
The pattern is for two sizes, so you could make it for four or six passports.
Theres a pocket on the back with I've stuffed our E111 cards in.
I really, really, really love it!!
I used Pezzy Prints in multi pez in red by American Jane  for the front and lining and several different London fabrics by Makower UK.
I also made a pouch yesterday to keep some hand sewing in on holiday, which I hope to share tomorrow.....if I've not gone into complete meltdown!!
P.S. Sorry I haven't replied to the lovely comments on my last two posts, it really does mean the world reading such lovely words xxxx

3 comments :

  1. Oh crappity, hope the passport arrives PDQ! I had a similar anxiousness when I was 16 waiting for mine to come back after having a visa added to it - thankfully it got there the day before we were due to leave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful passport holder. I'm not much of a sewer but I might just have to give that one a try! I really hope the passport arrives soon, it's infuriating when things like that happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous wallet! I love the combination of fabrics you used!

    ReplyDelete

I know time is precious, so thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...