Thursday 30 August 2012

Back to reality!

So, the holiday is over and it's back to reality with a large dose of washing and rainy weather, which is not helping to dry it!!!
No.1 son's passport arrived the day before I flew (thank God!!), even though the IPS Service were still saying that it didn't have a printing slot!! But we had a fabulous time down in the south of Spain, we ate far too much and really enjoyed some family time.

I did take away a few projects to work on, but didn't spend as much time on them as I hoped, and I didn't want sand to get on them. The plan was to finish a few WIP's I'd forgot about and to start a new English Paper Piecing project called Spring Carnival by Katy.  (No photos yet)
I mentioned before I went away about the pouch I'd made to keep the EPP safe but I never got the chance to share it.


The hexagons on the front were my first attempt at EPP and are a bit rough if you look too close, but I'm really please with the finished article. I didn't follow a tutorial for the pouch, just worked on the size of the hexagons and how they fitted on the front. The newsprint fabric is from a range called Crabtastic and I got it from The Village Haberdashery, and the other fabric were just scraps from other projects. The zip was my bargain buy in a local shop for 50p and ended up being the perfect match.
The last few days have been spent, when not at the washing machine or iron.... gathering school uniform and shoes and making sure we're ready for next weeks return to school.
No. 1 son is going back into year 6 (Arrrggghhh!!) and No.2 son is going into the juniors, so I'm feeling a bit daunted by the year ahead. The boys couldn't careless and are just looking forward to getting back to their friends.
I was lucky enough to win a book and get some rather happy mail while I was away and once I get some pictures I'll show you my treats.  I'm off to grab some lunch and settle down to catch-up with some blog reading. 

3 comments :

  1. Glad to hear that the passport turned up in the nick of time, know what you mean about the washing! Enjoy your catching up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, looking at that face in the bottom pic, good job you had something to keep your hexies safe ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at the sun sparkling on the sea...fab!

    Your new little purse is lovely, I've read a bit about epp, thought I may give it a go sometime, although big hexis all the way for me!

    I've left my sewing machine out after doing some fun sewing as the dreaded label sewing begins....rubbish! My boys are going into starting yr 5, yr 3 and littley starts full-time reception in Jan.....scary eh!

    ReplyDelete

I know time is precious, so thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...